or

"Hey, I can do that!"


Sunday, March 7, 2010

Better than Medals

Better than Medals

It's been a week since the cake show and I must say it feels pretty weird to not be baking or making fondant or something.  I wanted to share what lovely gifts I received from friends and family last weekend that are more special than my medals.

My dear husband got me some beautiful roses that were waiting for me when I got home after the show and running by Sonic to pick up dinner because we were starving.  

They still look lovely even today.
 

My friends Hang and Sandi got us some fancy chocolates.


My friend Pam got me a customized apron.
 

Best of all, my husband and his family banded together and got me a commemorative collage, showing many of the cakes I've made so far.
 

We bought a shadow box for me to put the medals in.  I'm going to hang the collage and the medals somewhere in the kitchen!

Sadly, all good things must come to an end.  I threw away my Ramen bowl.  My Maneki Neko was sliced open and trashed.  I'm keeping my wedding cake, though, I just need to find somewhere to put it.



 

 


3 comments:

  1. Great Carving!!! wow! and the collage is a great idea.... gonna hint hint myu DH... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the progressive pictures of cutting into that kitty. A little morbid, but it's fun, too!!! Congrats, again, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my god, the manekineko cake is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

As Seen On

As Seen On Capital Confectioners