or

"Hey, I can do that!"


Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sculpted Cake: Mostly Completed

Sculpted Cake
Prototype for Cake Contest
... Mostly Completed



Even though I'm not going to reveal just yet what my plans are for the cake competition, here's what my prototype looked like when it finally gave up the ghost.

It lasted about 5 days out on the kitchen table until it got mushy enough to lose structural integrity.  I only used skinny wooden skewers for support.  There was a dull thunk and I heard my husband say, "That's not good..."

The head had toppled over, taking a chunk of the body with it.  I was already done learning what I could from it a couple days earlier, so it wasn't a biggie.

I dumped the body in a plastic garbage bag.  You didn't see anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment

As Seen On

As Seen On Capital Confectioners