or

"Hey, I can do that!"


Sunday, June 6, 2010

BRP Box Shop

10 samples for $10!



Nothing is more irritating than opening up a cake box and finding that your cake has somehow pressed itself against the side of the box and icing has been smudged all over.  I've decided the $1 10"x10"x5" cake boxes from Walmart just don't cut it anymore.  Many users on cakecentral.com say they get their boxes from BRP Box Shop.  They offer 10 samples for $10 where you get to chose 10 different products they carry and they ship it to you for free :)  Here's what I got:
  • 4" x 4" Single Standard Cupcake Holder, Reversible White/Brown.
  • 10" x 10" 6 Count Standard Cupcake Holder, Reversible White/Brown.
  • 10" x 10 "x 4" White/White With Window One Piece Lock & Tab Box With Lid.
  • 4" x 4" x 4" Brown/Brown With Window One Piece Lock & Tab Box With Lid.
  • 8" x 8" x 4" Brown/Brown With Window Lock & Tab Box With Lid.
  • 10" x 10" x 6" Brown/Brown Without Window Lock & Tab Box With Lid.
  • 10" x 10" x 6" Brown/Brown With Window Lock & Tab Box With Lid.
  • 10" x 10" x 6" White/White With Window Lock & Tab Box With Lid.
  • 10" x 10" x 5" White/White With Window Lock & Tab Box With Lid.
  • 4" x 4" x 4" Diamond Blue/White With Window Lock & Tab Box With Lid.

The side panels come with a tab shape that tucks under the middle slit.



Their "natural" boxes are nice and sturdy with good character.


The front have 2 half-circle slits that the top lip slides in to.


Above is the side of the 10"x10"x4" box.  I don't know what those little half-circle slits are for.


I managed to rip the insert as I was wrestling to get it in to place.


These front slits aren't the easiest thing to line up either!


This 6 count cupcake holder fits into a 10"x10" box.



It was extremely difficult to get all the tabs and inserts to slide in to place once the cupcake holder was in.


This little box makes for a cute souvenir holder.





You can keep a cuppie inside!


This is the 10"x10"x5" box.


I was unhappy with how the top insert went in to place.  That's exactly the part that messes up my cakes!



These were the best!  10"x10"x6".


The side tab inserts were shaped differently than the 10"x10"x5"
boxes.  I didn't have to wrestle to get it into the slots and in to place. 

The tops didn't have the wing-shaped insert.  It had a long triangular insert that easily slipped in.


These were extremely easy to work with.  I might just have to order me a batch of these!


Conclusion:

I liked the brown windowed 10"x10"x6" boxes the best.  They were sturdy and easy to put together.  I don't know if I can convince Hubby to drop $70 for 100 boxes when I don't even own a business...

1 comment:

As Seen On

As Seen On Capital Confectioners